The 1st Canadian Division (1st Cdn Div) is a fully deployable unit trained and enabled at an advanced state of readiness to lead Canadian Armed Forces operations at home and abroad.
The 1st Cdn Div assumes the tasks of Non-combatant Evacuation Operations (NEO) and to deploy the Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART).
The division has three high-readiness tasks:
- Humanitarian operations, such as those conducted in Haiti in 2010;
- Non-combatant Evacuation Operations for the safe evacuation of Canadians abroad, such as from Lebanon in 2006; and
- Full-spectrum operations, such as those in Afghanistan.
1st Cdn Div Headquarters will provide task-tailored, deployable joint headquarters at high readiness to command and control joint, inter-agency, multinational forces to achieve national objectives at home and abroad.
- Rapidly respond to Humanitarian Assistance or Non-combatant Evacuation Operations anywhere in the world;
- Maintain a high readiness, comprehensive and joint division level expeditionary headquarters;
- First out the door as ROTO 0; and
- Provide training for Task Forces of named Operations.