2 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group
AUDACIA ET FORTITUDO
"Strength and courage"
Who We Are
2 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group is an Army Regular Force formation of the 4th Canadian Division and is headquartered in Petawawa, Ontario.
- 2 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group Headquarters and Signal Squadron (Petawawa)
- The Royal Canadian Dragoons (Petawawa)
- 2nd Regiment, Royal Canadian Horse Artillery (Petawawa)
- 2 Combat Engineer Regiment (Petawawa)
- 1st Battalion, The Royal Canadian Regiment (Petawawa)
- 2nd Battalion, The Royal Canadian Regiment (Gagetown, NB)
- 3rd Battalion, The Royal Canadian Regiment (Petawawa)
- 2 Service Battalion (Petawawa)
Commander: Colonel Conrad Mialkowski, MSC, CD
Sergeant Major: Chief Warrant Officer Keith Olstad, MMM, CD
The history of 2 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group can be traced back to the South African War where its units won honours at Paardeberg and Leliefontien. Although under a different name it fought with distinction during the First World War and carries such Battle Honours as Ypres, Somme, Arras, Mons and Vimy on its Colours and Guidons. Deactivated in the peacetime following the First World War, it was then reactivated during the Second World War and saw action in and throughout Italy and North West Europe; distinguishing itself during the Battles of Sicily, Rimini, and Ortona.
For information about the vehicles and weapons used by the Canadian Army visit our Equipment page.
2 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group Headquarters
147 Menin Rd, Building Z-101, Room #110
P.O. Box 9999, Stn Main
Hours of Operations: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
There are currently no matching articles. Please check again later.
- Date modified: