37 Canadian Brigade Group

Unit Identification

37 Canadian Brigade Group Badge

UNITI VALENTIRES 
 “United we are stronger” 

Location

PO Box 6100 Stn LCD1
Moncton, New Brunswick  E1C 9L4

Army Reserve

Graphic: Joanna Gajdicar

Join Our Team

Looking for full-time or part-time work? We are hiring and provide excellent career opportunities. Please do not hesitate to call or email our recruiter who will be pleased to answer any questions you may have and provide direction on how to apply to our Regiment.

Our Team Recruiter

Saint John NB

Name: Sgt Leo Richard
Phone: 506-721-0512
Email: Leo.Richard@forces.gc.ca

Moncton NB

Name:  Sgt Michael Barton 
Phone:  506-860-5500, Ext. 5529
Email:   Darren.Spicer@forces.gc.ca

Bathurst NB

Name: Sgt Maurice Simon
Phone: 506-549-6005
Email: Maurice.Simon@forces.gc.ca

Fredericton NB

Name: Sgt Erik Tiidus
Phone: 506-292-2254
Email: Erik.Tiidus@forces.gc.ca

Edmundston NB

Name:  Sgt  Francois-Michel Saucier
Phone: 506-735-1485
Email: Francois-Michel.Saucier2@forces.gc.ca

St John's NL

Name: Sgt Sarah Parkes
Phone: 709-733-3777 / 709-733-3901
Email: Sarah.Parkes@forces.gc.ca

Corner Brook NL

Name: Sgt Steven Smith
Phone: 709-637-4581
Email: Steven.Smith5@forces.gc.ca

Or contact

Phone: 1-800-856-8488
Find a recruiting centre near you.

 

When We Train

The Brigade Headquarters, located in Moncton, New Brunswick, is a full time unit staffed 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. In addition, staff will work evenings or weekends as required by their duties. The Brigade’s Reserve units have small full time staffs that work throughout the week. Training hours for the part-time Reserve training conducted by each unit is detailed on the unit pages linked below.

Trades In Our Unit

(not all trades available in all locations or units)

Equipment

Vehicles:

  • Medium Support Vehicle System (MSVS)
  • Militarized Commercial Off-The-Shelf (MilCOTS)
  • Light Support Vehicle System (LSVS)
  • Light Utility Vehicle Wheeled (LUVW)
  • Tactical Armoured patrol vehicle (TAPV)

See a list of Canadian Army weapons and vehicles.

Who We Are

37 Canadian Brigade Group is an Army Reserve Formation of 5th Canadian Division and is headquartered in Moncton, New Brunswick.

The majority of 37 CBG soldiers serve part-time, while maintaining full-time jobs, studies and families.

Made up of nine units and a brigade headquarters, 37 CBG has about has approximately 1400 soldiers in Moncton, Saint John, Bathurst, Fredericton, Edmundston, St John's and Corner Brook. These units represent all the major roles and trades in the Canadian Army.

Units

Benefits of Joining

When you join our unit, you will receive competitive pay for your part time or full time work as well as be eligible for on the job training that could benefit you in civilian life. Also, there are medical, dental and educational benefits available to Army Reservists.

Here are all the details:

Command Team

  • Commander: Colonel Shawn McPherson
  • Sergeant-Major: Chief Warrant Officer Rene P. Parker

Contact Us

37 Canadian Brigade Group
PO Box 6100 Stn LCD1
Moncton, New Brunswick  E1C 9L4

Phone: 506-860-5500, Ext. 5109
Fax: 506-860-5413

News

There are currently no matching articles. Please check again later.

See more news

Our History

The Royal New Brunswick Regiment (R NB Regt) is an infantry battalion with its headquarters in Fredericton, NB. It has three companies, A Company located in Edmundston, B Company and Battalion Headquarters Company located in Fredericton, and a platoon, located in Saint John. The roots of the Regiment predate Canada and even predate New Brunswick. October 11th, 1770 is the date that the Sunbury County Militia was authorized in Sunbury County Nova Scotia (what is now all of western New Brunswick). October 11th, 1770 is the earliest date that any antecedent unit of the Royal New Brunswick Regiment was formed. This date is important in the Regiment’s heritage and is recognized as the “Regimental Birthday”. By 1787 other units of the New Brunswick Militia were formed including the York County Militia. In 1793 a full-time unit was raised, the New Brunswick Provincials, also known as the King’s New Brunswick Regiment. In 1803 another full-time unit was raised known as the New Brunswick Fencibles. This unit was later raised in status to become a regular regiment of the line of the British Army known as the 104th (New Brunswick) Regiment of Foot. This unit served throughout the War of 1812. By the year 1834, the Militia of Carleton and York Counties was comprised of five battalions; one each at Wicklow, Woodstock, Kingsclear, Douglas and Fredericton. In 1839 units of the New Brunswick Militia assisted regular British troops the preparations to defend the province during what became known as, the bloodless, Aroostook War. In 1866 units of the New Brunswick Militia were deployed along the province’s border with the United States to counter the threat of the Fenian Raids. Confederation in 1867 brought an end to the New Brunswick Militia and a start to the new Canadian Militia. Ninety-nine years after the Sunbury County Militia was authorized the Carleton Light Infantry was authorized on September 10th, 1869 as part of the Canadian Militia. By the 1930’s the Carleton Light Infantry would be amalgamated with the York Regiment to form the Carleton and York Regiment. During the South African War of 1899 to 1902 many soldiers from New Brunswick units volunteered to serve with 2nd (Special Service) Battalion, The Royal Canadian Regiment of Infantry. During the First World War New Brunswick raised many units but only one was kept together to fight as a unit at the front, the 26th Infantry Battalion. New Brunswick’s “Fighting 26th” is one of the many units of the Great War that is perpetuated by today’s Royal New Brunswick Regiment. During the Second World War units that are perpetuated by the Royal New Brunswick Regiment answered the call to serve, including, the New Brunswick Rangers, the Saint John Fusiliers, and of course, the Carleton and York Regiment. In 1954, the Carleton and York Regiment and the New Brunswick Scottish were amalgamated to form the First Battalion, The New Brunswick Regiment (Carleton and York), a designation to which the prefix "Royal" was added in 1956. The regiment today still preserves the ideals of the colonial citizen-soldier and is the product of 250 years of re-organizations, re-designations, wars, alarms, hard work, bravery and loyalty. It is the focus of the affections of all those that served in it, it is a repository of tradition, and is a living memorial to those of its members who died for higher ideals in wars throughout the world. The Regiment is a huge extended family of those who serve, those who have served and those who wish it well.

Date modified: