The British Columbia Regiment (Duke of Connaught's Own)
FAUGH A BALLAGH
Clear the Way
The British Columbia Regiment (Duke of Connaught’s Own) is an Army Reserve armoured reconnaissance regiment of 39 Canadian Brigade Group garrisoned in Vancouver, B.C. at The Beatty Street Drill Hall.
Join Our Unit
We train on Wednesday nights 7 - 10 pm. 39 CBG is the largest Army formation in British Columbia with 11 Units throughout the province. We are actively recruiting officers and non-commissioned members with technical interests to fill part-time positions. To apply, you must meet the following basic Canadian Armed Forces Primary Reserve eligibility requirements:
- Must be a Canadian citizen
- Must be a least 16 years of age (and have parental consent)
- Must have a minimum Grade 10 education (or higher depending on entry plan).
For further information about fulltime and part-time employment opportunities with the Canadian Armed Forces go to www.forces.ca, or contact a 39 CBG unit recruiter directly at 250-712-4227.
- Commanding Officer: Major D.C. Evans
- Regimental Sergeant Major: Chief Warrant Officer P.G. Taylor
Lieutenant-Colonel Scott Shepherd
Today, the regiment continues its tradition of service to Canada through the generation of reserve armoured soldiers that augment Canadian Battle Groups overseas, and support civilian authorities during times of domestic emergency and security.
The British Columbia Regiment (Duke of Connaught's Own) originated in Victoria, British Columbia on 12 October 1883, when the 'British Columbia Provisional Regiment of Garrison Artillery' was authorized to be formed.
Continue reading The British Columbia Regiment history.
We use the following equipment:
The British Columbia Regiment (Duke of Connaught’s Own)
620 Beatty Street
Phone: (604) 666-4368
During the weekend of 20-22 February 2015, 39 Combat Engineer Regiment, The British Columbia Regiment (Duke of Connaught’s Own), and The British Columbia Dragoons from the Okanagan Valley conducted Exercise Worthy Sapper at Cultus Lake and in the Columbia Valley
April 23, 2015
- Date modified: