Who We Are
The Lake Superior Scottish Regiment (LSSR) is a Primary Reserve infantry regiment of the Canadian Forces. The regiment is located in Thunder Bay, Ontario, and is part of 38 Canadian Brigade Group.
To close with and destroy the enemy. Light Infantry are soldiers who provide a skirmishing screen ahead of the main body of infantry, harassing and delaying the enemy advance.
Honorary Lieutenant-Colonel Ken Esau
Since World War II, our soldiers have served throughout the world on numerous peacekeeping operations. Most recently, the LSSR has had several soldiers serve in Afghanistan. The regiment has lost one soldier, Cpl Anthony “
T-Bone” Boneca on July 9, 2006, fighting Taliban insurgents during Operation Zahar (“sword”) in Zhari District, Kandahar Province.
This Reserve Force regiment originated in Port Arthur, Ontario on July 3, 1905, when a regiment of infantry was authorized to be formed.
Continue reading: The Lake Superior Scottish Regiment History
Join Our Unit
The Army Reserve is the part-time component of the Canadian Army. Most Army reservists work part-time for the Army and full-time at their civilian job. Others are full or part-time students. The Army Reserve has three main roles:
- Provide the framework for mobilization or expansion by using existing Reserve units framework should the nation ever need to respond to a large crisis or an emergency
- Connect with Canadians by strengthening the ties the Canadian Army Reserve has with local communities
- Augment the full-time Army by providing soldiers, units or specialists.
The Army Reserve is progressively more active than it has been in years with an increased operational role in the Canadian contribution towards the maintenance of peace and stability in the world.
To apply you must meet the following basic eligibility requirements:
- Canadian Citizen 16 years of age (with parental consent)
- Minimum Grade 10 education (or higher depending on entry plan)
For more information call 1-866-GO-2-ARMY or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about the Canadian Armed Forces or to apply online visit FORCES.CA.
When We Train
Tuesday evenings, 7 - 10 pm